HELP FROM A COLUMBUS CREDITOR HARASSMENT LAWYER
The worry about unpaid debt can feel like you’re wearing a lead vest weighing you down and making it difficult to breathe. Relentless calls from unscrupulous creditors only increase the heaviness and tighten the grip of the burden.
At Nesbitt Law Firm, our skilled Columbus bankruptcy attorney can inform you of your rights and provide you with financial peace of mind. We can stop the phone calls and get you on your way to a reasonable debt negotiation and settlement.
DEBTORS RIGHTS IN COLUMBUS, OHIO
Creditors and debt collectors often use guilt, threats and other forms of intimidation to bully you in their attempt to get payment. They are banking on the likelihood that only they are aware that none of these forms of harassment are legal! Under federal law, creditors only have three courses of action when addressing unpaid debt: Cease business with you, report you to a credit bureau, or file a lawsuit.
The Fair Debt Collections Practices Act is a federal law enacted to protect consumers’ rights and to protect you from devious creditors. Under this act, debt collectors are not allowed to engage in any of the following forms of behavior:
- Calling you late at night, early in the morning, or excessively
- Contacting a third party regarding your debt without written permission from you
- Making false threats, such as categorizing your debt as a “crime”
OUR CREDITOR HARASSMENT LAWYERS CAN HELP YOU BREATHE AGAIN!
If are you dealing with unrelenting phone calls or any other forms of credit coercion, our Columbus bankruptcy lawyer, Laura M. Nesbitt, can help! Ms. Nesbitt understands the downward emotional and economic spiral ruthless creditors can create. She is an experienced, compassionate attorney who can provide you with sound legal advice to stop the bullying and get you back on stable financial ground.
Nesbitt Law Firm can stop creditor harassment and deliver customized legal advice without judgment!Contact us today to request a free initial consultation from our best creditor harassment lawyer in Columbus, Ohio!
- CHAPTER 7 BANKRUPTCY Columbus Ohio
- CHAPTER 13 BANKRUPTCY Columbus Ohio
- COLUMBUS DEBT SETTLEMENT LAW FIRM
- COLUMBUS STUDENT LOAN BANKRUPTCY
- CHAPTER 7 VS. CHAPTER 13 BANKRUPTCY
- LIFE AFTER BANKRUPTCY
- IS BANKRUPTCY RIGHT FOR YOU?
- CREDITOR HARASSMENT IN COLUMBUS OHIO
- Payday Loan Problems Attorney Columbus Ohio
- CAR REPOSSESSION ATTORNEY
- WAGE GARNISHMENTS
- FINANCIAL COUNSELING & BUDGETING Columbus OH
- FORECLOSURE LITIGATION LAWYER COLUMBUS OHIO
- Credit Correction/Repair Columbus Ohio
- BANKRUPTCY LEGAL FEES
Why You Should File for Bankruptcy with an AttorneyNovember 10, 2016
Can I File Bankruptcy to Rid Myself of Student Loans?October 13, 2016
WELCOME TO OUR NEW WEBSITE AND BLOGAugust 17, 2016
VIEW OUR BLOG